Increase your knowledge of the products you sell.
There are eight Electrical workbooks available:
- Cables & Wiring Accessories
- Electrical Heating & Ventilation
- Electrical Industrial Components
- Fundamentals of Electricity
- Lamps & Lighting
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Switchgear Distribution & Protection
Improve your knowledge to provide the relevant information on products and related methods.
Your customers will range from those who know exactly what they want to buy, to those who expect you to be able to offer relevant information directly related to their needs.
The greater your own personal understanding the more efficiently you will be able to provide the information required by the customer in order to purchase the appropriate product and understand the procedures and considerations related to the use of the products available.
For further information, see course details below.
We have partnered with Coursecheck which helps people to find highly-rated training courses by providing independent feedback from learners. This enables you to see what our customers say about us.
You will be provided with a hardcopy workbook, which contains the information, questions and project you need to complete to successfully achieve a certificate.
By working through the workbook and answering the questions you will build on your knowledge and understanding of the workbook products. Finally, you will pull all your understanding together and complete a work based project.
Each workbook requires roughly 40hrs of effort but we recognise that most learners will also be balancing a day job and a home life. With this in mind we provide 90 days to complete the workbook.
- Increase your selling potential
- Improve your career prospects
- Improving your product knowledge
- Enhancing your customer contact skills
- Enhancing your awareness of customer needs
- Improve your confidence and develop your communication skills
If you successfully complete a full programme you will also receive a customised qualification.
Are you a building, electrical or heating and plumbing retail store, merchants or wholesalers owner /employer and want to:
- Increase your competitive edge (compete with online)
- Increase your reputation and customer retention
- Investing in your staff
- Improving your staff's product and customer care knowledge and skills
- Potentially improving staff retention through improved performance and job satisfaction
For each workbook you successfully pass you will receive a certificate for that topic
- Enrol and successfully pass two workbooks from the Building Foundation range and you will be awarded with a Foundation Award.
- Enrol and successfully pass two workbooks from the Workplace Induction, Electrical, Building and Timber, Heating and Plumbing or Climate Management range and you will be awarded with an Award.
- Enrol and successfully pass five workbooks from the Workplace Induction, Electrical, Building and Timber, Heating and Plumbing or Climate Management range and you will be awarded with a Certificate.
- Enrol and successfully pass ten workbooks from the Workplace Induction, Electrical, Building and Timber, Heating and Plumbing or Climate Management range and you will be awarded with a Diploma.
Fundamentals of Electricity
The aim of this workbook is to provide you with the background electrical knowledge that you will need if you are to make the most of the training opportunities that you are offered in this specialist area.
A basic knowledge and understanding of electricity will help you provide the relevant information to the customer in relation to the sale of electrical goods.
Electrical Industrial Components
This workbook is designed to provide you with some supporting background information and to increase your knowledge of electric and electronic components and products designed for use in industrial situations.
The workbook refers to a wide range of components. The unceasing development of electronic capability stimulates a continual increase in the number of available industrial products. The extra sophistication of these products allows industry ever better control over electrical machinery and there are now many industrial sites where manufacturing processes are completely automated.
These advances pose problems for the wholesaling side of the industry. Personnel are required to be aware of new products coming onto the market, as well as being familiar with their characteristics. This workbook has been produced with the intention of easing some of these problems.
Cables & Wiring Accessories
The accessories and equipment discussed in this workbook are those associated with electrical installation work and stored by suppliers such as yourselves.
This workbook will look at:
- Plugs and Socket Outlets
- Lighting Circuits and Switches
- Energy Cables
- Conduit Systems
- Trunking Systems
Electrical Heating & Ventilation
The workbook will examine three areas:
- electric space heating appliances
- electric water heating appliances
- electric ventilation appliances
Electrical Industrial Components
This workbook will help to provide you with some supporting background information and detail to increase your knowledge of electric and electronic components and products designed for use in industrial situations.
Lamps & Lighting
The word luminaire is used to describe a lamp complete with its
- control gear
This workbook is concerned with lamps and their characteristics, not the full luminaire. However, this workbook should be studied before the workbook on Luminaires.
Studying luminaires is made significantly easier if one has a good understanding of lamps and their characteristics. For this reason, it is recommended that the MOL workbook Lamps and Lighting is studied before work begins on Luminaires. Section 1 of Luminaires is a brief reminder of work that should be familiar to the reader.
In order to help you improve your familiarity with luminaires, this workbook will cover the following topic areas
- lamp types
- basic lighting theory
- specific aspects of current regulations and design
- luminaires used for indoor lighting
- luminaires used for outdoor lighting
- regulations and suitable luminaires for bathrooms, hazardous areas and emergency lighting
- energy efficiency for lighting systems
Renewable Energy Systems
This workbook will look at a range of renewable energy systems that includes
- solar energy
- wind power
- water power
The workbook will also consider end user systems and products that utilise the energy generated in an efficient way.
The systems that are covered include water heating, space heating and lighting and the end user products that are part of those systems.
The workbook will also consider how further efficiencies in the use of energy can be made through the management of these systems.
If you or your company are a member of either the Electrical Distributors Association (EDA) or the Builders Merchants Federation (BMF) you can purchase either individual workbooks for £150 each or save money by purchasing multiple workbooks together.
For details of our ‘bulk buy’ options or non-member prices please get in touch on 0345 203 2103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you or your company is a member of the Electrical Distributors Association (EDA) or the Builders Merchants Federation (BMF) you will need to apply by completing the application form available on their website (links below).
- The Electrical Distributors Association (EDA) website
- The Builders Merchants Federation (BMF) website
If you or your company are not members of EDA or BMF please contact our programme consultant on 0345 203 2103 or by email email@example.com for prices and an application form.
We are part of the largest not for profit learning enterprise of its kind. This means we reinvest our resources to help you the learner, rather than pay dividends to shareholders.