What property qualifications are there (and which one is right for you)?
From residential sales and lettings to commercial property, auctioneering and tenancy deposits, there are a wide range of property qualifications available to help you achieve your career goals whether you’re new to the industry or looking to progress in your existing role.
This article will cover what property qualifications are available and which one may be the most suitable for you.
With property rentals and management becoming more complex, letting agents are becoming ever more important in the residential property market. As a residential letting agent, you may take on several responsibilities including collecting rent, maintaining the properties, and handling communication between the tenant and landlord.
Residential Lettings Courses
As a Propertymark preferred supplier, we provide the following courses in the UK residential lettings sector:
- Level 4 Certificate in Residential Lettings
- Level 3 Award in Residential Lettings
- Level 2 Award in Residential Lettings
- Level 3 Award in Residential Lettings (Northern Ireland)
Who should complete a residential lettings course?
A residential lettings course is ideal for anyone wanting to work as a letting agent or property manager. These courses cover managing properties, residential letting law and customer care – offered from Level 2 for newcomers to the industry and up to Level 4 for those with more experience looking to move into management positions.
As well as qualifications, employers, landlords, and tenants expect letting agents and property managers to have specific skills to do the job, including:
- Time management
- Clear and consistent communication
- Negotiation skills
- Organisational skills (to manage more than one property at a time)
- Analytical skills
As a Propertymark preferred supplier, we provide the following courses in the UK residential sales sector:
A career in residential sales as an estate agent can be an extremely rewarding one. It often involves helping customers to buy or sell what for many is likely to be their most expensive asset. Customers rely heavily on residential estate agents to support them with legal and practical aspects of buying or selling their home including valuations, timelines, and advice on legislation.
Residential Sales Courses
- Level 4 Certificate in Residential Sales
- Level 3 Award in Residential Sales
- Level 2 Award in Residential Sales
Who should complete a residential sales course?
A residential estate agent is a job with great responsibility and one that is always evolving to meet the needs of the customer. This makes being an estate agent exciting, challenging and an obvious career choice for the ambitious. With residential sales courses available from Level 2 to Level 4, there is a qualification available for all experience levels.
Residential Inventory Management and Tenancy Deposits
Letting a residential property isn’t just about finding a tenant. A critical role in the process falls to the inventory provider. Their job is to protect both the landlord and tenant by detailing the condition and contents of the property at the start of the tenancy which can be used as a comparison when the tenancy comes to an end.
Residential Inventory Management and Tenancy Deposits Courses
As a Propertymark preferred supplier, we provide the following courses in the UK inventory management sector:
- Level 3 Award in Residential Inventory Management & Practice
- Level 3 Award in Residential Tenancy Deposits
Who should complete a residential inventory and tenancy deposits course?
These qualifications require no experience to enrol, so are suited to anyone looking to start their career in residential property. These are also suitable qualifications for those already in the property industry looking to advance their career with a recognised inventory or tenancy deposit qualification.
This Technical Award qualification will also be of interest to those who have already achieved their Technical Award in Residential Letting and Property Management, as they only have to sit and pass two of the units in the Technical Award in Inventory Management and Practice to achieve the full qualification.
A commercial property agent handles everything relating to business and property including rent reviews, lease renewals, business transfers as well as the acquisition of property for clients that can be both for investment and occupation.
Commercial Property Agency Courses
As a Propertymark preferred supplier, we provide the following courses in the UK commercial property sector:
Who should complete a commercial property course?
If you are considering a career in the property profession but not sure which sector to choose then there can’t be many as varied as being a commercial property agent.
Our Level 3 qualification is well suited to those with no previous experience or qualifications as well as those already in the industry.
The qualification may be ideal for you if you:
- are a commercial property agent seeking a recognised qualification
- would like to start a career as a commercial property agent
- would like to return to the property industry after a career break
- work in another sector of the industry, and would like to move into this property sector
- are the owner of an agency and would like to increase your knowledge
- estimate the market value of land, buildings and commercial property
- research and write detailed reports for clients about their assets
- organise auction sales
- market auction sales to attract potential bidders
- manage the auction process
- carry out business and insurance valuations
- complete compensation assessments
- offer investment appraisals and advice
- keep up to date with regulations and the market
Who should complete an auctioneering course?
These auctioneering courses are open to all. You don’t need any previous qualifications and you don’t need to work in the property industry to enrol.
The qualification may be ideal for you if you:
- are a property auctioneer looking for a recognised qualification
- would like to start a career as a property auctioneer
- would like to return to the industry after a career break
- work in another sector of the industry, for example, lettings management, and would like to move into property auctioneering
Since Propertymark is the leading membership body for property agents, you’ll be able to set yourself apart with a widely recognised qualification and a higher level of professional credibility. Our courses are delivered by property industry experts, including Paul Jager and David Hughes, who have a wealth of knowledge and industry connections.
What better way to break into the property industry than with an industry-leading qualification from MOL - Propertymark’s preferred supplier.
Register your interest in our property management courses or call our Qualifications Advisors on 03452 032 103.
Attain high professional standards, adapt to legislative changed and achieve a nationally recognised qualification.