Are you new to management qualifications and want to learn about CMI? We answer all your questions.
Who are CMI and what do they do?
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) is the chartered body for management and leadership. They provide a range of qualifications for people in management and leadership roles, as well as mentorship and support for experienced managers and leaders in business.
They’re the only body that can award Chartered Manager status, the highest accolade for managers and leaders.
What is a CMI qualification?
This is a management and leadership qualification designed to develop crucial skills in new managers and those looking to progress to senior management roles. Managers follow proven methods to support their teams and organisations with confidence and structure.
What CMI qualifications are available?
CMI Level 3
If you’re an aspiring or newly appointed manager, a CMI Level 3 qualification gives you the management and leadership skills you need in your day-to-day role.
CMI Level 3 qualifications are equivalent to AS / A Levels or Level 3 BTECs with course prices starting from £395.
At MOL Learn, we offer three options for CMI Level 3 qualifications:
- CMI Level 3 Award in Principles of Management and Leadership – this course (one unit of your choice) will give you a basic introduction to your new management role.
- CMI Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Management and Leadership – this course (three units of your choice) will help you to better understand your selected key areas within management and leadership.
- CMI Level 3 Diploma in Principles of Management and Leadership – choosing to study all eight units and achieving your Diploma will build your confidence by giving you a deeper understanding of management and leadership in the workplace.
Still have questions? Check out this article on everything you need to know about CMI Level 3
CMI Level 5
If you’re a middle manager, our CMI Level 5 qualifications cover a range of advanced management and leadership techniques to help you take your career to the next level.
CMI Level 5 qualifications are equivalent to a HND or Foundation Degree with prices starting from £495.
At MOL Learn, we offer 3 options for CMI Level 5 qualifications:
- CMI Level 5 Award in Management and Leadership – this course covers one unit of your choice and helps you gain skills in your selected specific area of management and leadership.
- CMI Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership –covers three units of your choosing to strengthen your skills and abilities as a manager.
- CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership – this course covers eight units all focused on advancing your management and leadership skills so you become a confident and effective leader.
Still have questions? Check out this article on everything you need to know about CMI Level 5
Are CMI qualifications any good?
Yes! CMI qualifications are highly sought after by employers and can make an individual 9% more employable, leading to additional earnings of £81,000 over a career.
CMI qualifications are the leading management qualifications you can achieve, and the only ones that lead to chartered manager status. CMI courses cover a wide range of management topics to ensure you develop all the skills you need to overcome challenges in management and leadership roles.
- Better understand your role as a manager
- Improve communication skills
- Improve decision-making skills
- Improve productivity and performance
- Manage change effectively
- Get impartial feedback on your abilities
- Boost team morale and confidence.
When I can I put CMI after my name?
Once you have achieved chartered manager status, you’ll be able to follow your name with 'CMgr MCMI'.
CMI Qualifications with MOL Learn
We understand management professional qualifications like no other training provider. That’s what makes our courses great.
Our tutors are management experts and use a wealth of experience to bring your learning to life. You’ll be encouraged to apply theory and models to your own workplace, meaning you can add immediate value at work by applying your learning directly to your role.
Ready to get your CMI qualification? Browse our CMI courses or call one of our Qualification Advisors on 03452 032 103. We’re happy to answer all your questions and help you make the best decision for you.
New to your management role? Check out our top tips for first time managers to help you feel more confident.