Level 4 Certificate in Residential Lettings
Aim for management with MOL’s Propertymark Qualifications’ Level 4 Certificate workbook.
Set of Workbooks £599 (£499 member rate)
We have designed our Residential Letting and Property Certificate workbook to give experienced agents the knowledge you will need to prepare for the Propertymark Qualifications examinations and progress your career.
Study with a workbook that has been written and provided by our expert writers. Our workbook is the only one that is accredited by Propertymark Qualifications for the Residential Letting and Property Management qualification which focuses on legal aspects, practice relating to residential property management, and appraisal and residential property letting practice.
For overview updates to the workbooks please see our addendums page
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Exam Changes from January 2018
If you are currently studying a Propertymark qualification, please note that Propertymark have made changes to their qualifications in preparation for the new national Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF), which came into effect on 2 January 2018.
There will be some minor changes to exam topic assessments for all examinations taking place after this date. More information about these changes can be found on our news page.
This qualification and set of workbooks is ideal if you’re a letting agent aiming for a management or senior position. It develops the knowledge you gained on the Level 3 programme, with an added focus on management strategies and techniques.
You can study the six workbooks at your own pace. Each workbook is divided into smaller, manageable study sections. We’ve included self-check questions so you can check your understanding of the material. You’ll study six workbook units, covering the following subjects:
- Legal aspects. We start with a review of law, then consider laws specific to residential letting and management agents. These include the Housing Acts 1988 and 2004, and related safety regulations.
- Residential property management practice. This unit focuses on management and what you as a management agent are required to do. This includes maintenance and repair, breaches of agreement, complaints and tenancy processes.
- Appraisal and residential letting practice. Includes enquiries, advice for landlords, preparing the tenancy agreement, handover procedures and deposits.
- Applied law. The workbook starts by considering topics covered elsewhere in the programme, but in more depth and from different viewpoints. We go on to look at more legislation and issues such as tribunals.
- Introduction to office management. In this unit you’ll learn about key management activities and practices for the property agency. These include crisis management, communication, motivation and delegation. You’ll also reinforce invaluable management skills such as diary management, IT security and dealing with absence. #
- Advanced office management
When you’ve passed all parts of the programme, you’ll be awarded a certificate qualification. This is a route to fellow of your professional body.
This property qualification is awarded by Propertymark Qualifications, for which MOL is the preferred supplier.
We are part of the largest not for profit learning enterprise of its kind. This means we reinvest our resources to help you the learner, rather than pay dividends to shareholders.